1. When are students allowed to go out?
Students are allowed to go out everyday. During weekdays, you are only allowed to go out from 17:00 to 21:00 provided that you do not have any absences in classes during the day. It is important for you to acquire a Leave Pass Form at the Marketing and Student Management Department (MSD) to go out during these times. On the other hand, we also have our Free Fridays every Fridays. During these days, you won’t need to get a Leave Pass form and can go back to the academy before 24:00.

2. When am I allowed to travel outside Baguio City?
You are allowed to travel outside Baguio City during weekends as long as you can go back to the academy before 21:00 of Sundays. If you wish to extend your trip, you are required to get a Trip Pass form from the student managers and inform your parents about your planned travel. The Trip Pass is good for up to five (5) days and should include the weekends.

3. Can I change my room type or roommates?
Yes, you can change or transfer to another room. However, you can only relocate after every 2 weeks. Before your current term ends, convey your request to the student managers and they can arrange your room transfer. Please take note that if you transfer to a different room type, you might need to pay additional fees.

4. I incurred an outrageous number of self-study hours as penalty. Can I settle some of its monetary amount to minimize the times I need to self-study during weekends?
No. Weekend Self-Study hours are only converted to its monetary equivalent upon Graduation, which means that you will only settle the amount of penalties that you could not remove or cancel during your study program. As part of its Spartan management and productive learning environment, Monol strictly imposes Weekend Self-Study as a disciplinary action to students.


1. Can I change my course in the middle of a term?
No. Changing of course is only possible after finishing the program of your current term. However, you can relay your intent to student managers at least two (2) weeks before the end of your current term as you may have to take entrance tests to be able to change your course.

2. Is it required to finish the General ESL course before pursuing the Post ESL course?
It is recommended that you complete and pass the General ESL course before pursuing the Post ESL course. However, in some cases, we allow students who have passed the Intermediate level of the General ESL to qualify for the Post ESL course. Nevertheless, Monol gives all students opportunities to take the entrance examinations of Post ESL programs regardless of their levels.

3. How are students grouped in classes?
Students are grouped in classes according to their levels. Levels are determined through a series of tests done during their first day and will be further assessed in formal classes through examinations, homework, attendance and standing.


1. I can’t find an agency in our country. Can I directly communicate with Monol for my registration?
Yes. You can always contact us for your inquiries and registration. We will entertain all your queries on procedures and make the necessary arrangements for your study program. Just send us an email at register@monol4u.com.

2. Before I travel to the Philippines, what should I anticipate?
One of the things you need to prepare for is the weather of Baguio City. Since it has a cooler temperature in contrast to other provinces in the northern part of the country, you will have to bring with you clothes that are warm and comfortable for cold weather. Also, as a student of English, it will be helpful for you to bring an electronic dictionary. It will be easier for you to adapt and communicate with Monol teachers and staff as you start your learning with us.

3. I want to study English and a university course in the Philippines at the same time. Is it possible for me to learn English at Monol part-time?
No. Courses offered in Monol have seven to eight (7-8) hours of classes in a day. It is required for students to take all subjects under the course they are registered in to guarantee a swifter improvement of skills. Also, all students are required to reside in the academy during their study program.

4. Do I need to apply for a student visa to be able to study ESL in the Philippines?
No. Since Monol offers short-term courses, students need only to acquire a regular visa. To officially recognize you as a student of our academy, however, you will be accomplishing a Special Study Permit, which is valid for 6 months. Should your visa have a lesser duration than your study program, our staff will be extending it on your behalf.