Vigan in Ilocos Sur is considered as a UNESCO World Heritage site and in May 2015, it was recognized as one of the New7Wonders Cities. It is an estimated 5-hour trip from Baguio City. The travel is long but students will surely enjoy since they have a lot to visit and explore in Vigan.
Among the place they could visit in Vigan are:
- Calle Crisologo – aside from the view, they could also experience riding the kalesa, which was the mode of transportation in the Philippines during the Spanish period.
- Baluarte – It is also one of the top tourist spots in Vigan. The Baluarte is the home of Narvacan, Ilocos Sure Councilor Luis Chavit Singson and it features a mini zoo.
- Syquia Mansion – This museum houses an extensive memorabilia of the late Philippine President Elipidio Quirino. The mansion is owned by his wife Doña Alicia. This museum will be a great opportunity for the students to have a glimpse of a part of the history of the Philippines.
- Bantay Bell Tower – This tower offers not only offers historical significance in Vigan, it also offers a majestic view of the City.
- Food trip in Vigan – For Filipinos, travelling would not be complete if they will not try native delicacies in their destination. Among the famous food in Vigan are the empanada, bagnet, okoy and their unique longganisa. So make sure to try these!