Clark Freeport Zone and Subic Bay Freeport Zone are both former US military bases in the Philippines that were converted into a tax and duty-free zones. As of today, Clark and Subic Bay are among the most visited tourist spots in the Philippines. Subic Bay is an estimated 1.5-hours travel from Clark so students can visit these locations in one day.
What to do in Clark Freeport Zone:
- Duty Free Shopping
- Nayong Pilipino – This will be a good opportunity to let the students have a glimpse of the Filipino culture and history here. They would be able to see replicas of famous tourist spots in the country in Nayong Pilipino.
What to do in Subic Bay Freeport Zone:
- Duty-free shopping
- Zoobic Safari – This place is one of the main attractions in Subic. Here, visitors get to be up-close with tigers and other land animals. There are approximately 11 attraction in Zoobic that is included in the entrance fee: Zoobic Park, Rodent World, Serpentarium, Forbidden/Zoobic Cave, Tiger Safari Ride, Close Encounter, Savannah, Animal MuZOOeum, Aeta’s Trail, Hip-Hop-Bay-a-Walk and Croco Loco.
- Ocean Adventure – This is another main attraction and a must-visit when you go to Subic. Not only do you get to see marine life here, you can also have close encounter with them. You also have a chance to swim and dive with dolphins, sea lion and even sharks.The feature shows, such as Dolphin Tales, Sea Lion Show, and Wild world, as well as all aquarium exhibits are all part of the entrance fee in Ocean Adventure. Other highlight like the Swim with Dolphins, Turtle and Shark Adventure, Sea Lion Encounter and other encounters have a separate fee per highlight.
- Jungle Environment Survival Training/JEST Camp – Another option you can choose in Subic is the JEST camp. Aside from survival trainings, they also have certification programs.
- JEST Camp also have other attractions that you might be interested in such as the MAGAUL BIRD PARK, THE BIRD HOUSE, KAWAYAN KITCHEN, ANGRY BIRDS ARENA and BUBBLE SOCCER.
- Another activity you can enjoy in the camp is the “JEST Hunger Games.” But of course, these are friendly games meant for team building for companies, school and/or parties.