The Philippine archipelago is composed of 7,100 islands and around a hundred of those are found in Hundred Islands in Alaminos, Pangasinan. From Baguio City, Hundred Islands is an estimated four-hour travel (without stopover).
Along the way, we could let the students stop by Our Lady of Manaoag, which is famous among Catholic devotees. This is located in Manaoag, Pangasinan. After which, we can travel to Calasiao, Pangasinan and maybe let the students taste the famous Puto Calasiao, a native delicacy of the town.
Then the students can proceed to Lucap Wharf which is the entry point for Hundred Islands.
What to do in Hundred Islands:
- Island hopping – Of course, aside from beach bumming, a must-do activity in Hundred Islands is island hopping. The top picks of islands are Virgin island, Century island, Cathedral island, Crocodile and Turtle island, Devil’s island, Scout island and Marcos island.
- Zipline – In Hundred Island, island hopping is not only through boat ride, tourists may zipline from Governor’s island to Virgin island.
- Helmet diving – Better prepare your action cameras for this activity and enjoy the beauty of the coral garden underwater.
- Snorkeling – Many of the islands have a sport near them for snorkeling. So make sure to add this on your list.
- Caving – Even though the path through the Santo Rosario Cave may be a bit challenging, you will be able to see beautiful rock formations. You will be able to see the habitat for bats and small birds in this cave, as well.
- Cliff diving – The most suggested cliff diving spot in Hundred Islands is in Marcos island, inside the Imelda cave.
- Kayaking – If you got bored in riding a boat, you may rent a canoe (good for 2 people) and go from island to island.
- Wall climbing and rappelling – Quezon island offers a wall climbing activity complete with safety gear and measures. At the end of the climb, you will be able to see a wonderful view of Hundred Islands.
- Camping and beach bumming – For those who really wants to feel their getaway, it is possible to camp in some islands. Also, Governor’s island offers cottages for overnighters.